Application Deadline February 12, 2018
- Open to full-time sophomore or junior students.
- Strong academic record
- Must be able to attend the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Forum-September 13-15 (some preprogramming).
- Available for participation from June 17-August 3
- Agree to use of blogs and pictures for further promotion of the program
- You will receive two St. Olaf credits upon successful completion of your Peace Seminar course and second undergraduate course. You will receive more information about the other courses after acceptance.
- Costs. Airfare is not included in St. Olaf’s scholarship.
- Regular blogging throughout time in Norway (at least once a week)
- Openness to new ideas and enthusiastic participation
- Upon returning to your campus, playing a leadership role in peace activities and promoting the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Forum.
- Presentations to at least two venues during the following year
- Complete an evaluation and thank you letter to donors by October 1
- 1,000 Word Essay (maximum) addressed to the Peace Scholars Selection Committee, articulating your interest in being a Peace Scholar, including how the experience would connect with your academic and vocational interests and goals.
- 2 Recommendations , at least one from a faculty member (form below)
- Resume (please use the Piper Center if you need assistance)
- Unofficial transcript
- Interview (finalists)
Application deadline is February 12, 2018. Scholars will be selected and notified by February 22, 2018.
Questions about the program should be directed to Torild Homstad <homstad> or Michelle Fredrickson <fredrick> in the US Branch Office of the University of Oslo International Summer School, located in the St. Olaf International and Off-campus Studies Office (Tomson 380) ext. 3269.
Questions about the application process can be directed to Torild Homstad and Michelle Fredrickson in Tomson 382. Students seeking assistance with creating or updating a resume should start with a walk-in appointment with one of the Peer Advisors in the Piper Center.
* Apply through Handshake – From November 10- February 12, 2018
1) Save your essay & unofficial transcript to a common location.
2) To save the transcript, log into the SIS system, choose grades, and then transcript; save the file as a pdf document
3) * The application will open on November 10, 2017. Log into Handshake, search “Peace Scholars” under “Jobs” click “apply now” and follow the instructions to ensure you upload the documents in the correct place.
4) Have the two recommenders email the completed form to Michelle or Torild at at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Click on Employers (tab across top), enter St. Olaf College as a keyword, click on St. Olaf College, choose Available Positions, and click on Peace Scholars Summer Program.
6) Use the drop down buttons on the right side of the description to select your essay and unofficial transcript. Then click on Submit. If you have successfully applied, you will see “You have submitted an application for this position” written just under Application Status on the top right.
Assistance uploading documents is available at the Piper Center.
Selected Peace Scholars must complete the Oslo International Summer School online application at uio.no/summerschool by March 1.