Application Deadline January 31, 2018
- Open to full-time sophomore or junior students
- Strong academic record
- Must be able to attend the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Forum-September 13-15 (some preprogramming ).
- Available for participation from June 17-August 3, 2018
- Agree to use of blogs and pictures for further promotion of the program
- Regular blogging throughout time in Norway (at least once a week)
- Openness to new ideas and enthusiastic participation
- Upon returning to your campus, playing a leadership role in Peace Club (coordinating peace activities and promoting the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Forum)
- Presentations to at least two venues during the following year
- 1,000 Word Essay (maximum) addressed to the Peace Scholars Selection Committee, articulating your interest in being a Peace Scholar, including how the experience would connect with your academic and vocational interests and goals
- 2 Letters of Recommendation, at least one from a faculty member
- Unofficial transcript
- Interview (finalists)
- Selected Peace Scholars must complete the Oslo International Summer School online application at uio.no/summerschool by March 1.
- Online applications will be accepted until January 31, 2018 at https://augie.studioabroad.com/?go=peacescholars
- Please email Erin Kane (firstname.lastname@example.org) of International Programs, at with any questions about the program or the online application process. You may also reach her by phone at 605.274.5050 .
- A faculty committee will select 4-6 finalists to advance to an interview. The committee will then select the two Peace Scholars and an alternate. Scholars will be notified by February 9.