Application Deadline February 1, 2017
- Open to full-time sophomore or junior students.
- Strong academic record
- Must be able to attend the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize Forum-September 15 and 16 (some pre/post programming on September 14 and 17).
- Available for participation from June 18-August 4, 2017
- Agree to use of blogs and pictures for further promotion of the program
- Regular blogging throughout time in Norway (at least once a week)
- Openness to new ideas and enthusiastic participation
- Upon returning to your campus, playing a leadership role in peace activities and promoting the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize Forum.
- Presentations to at least two venues during the following year
- 1,000 Word Essay (maximum) addressed to the Peace Scholars Selection Committee, articulating your interest in being a Peace Scholar, including how the experience would connect with your academic and vocational interests and goals.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation, at least one from a faculty member
- Unofficial transcript
- Interview (finalists)
- Selected Peace Scholars must complete the Oslo International Summer School online application at uio.no/summerschool by March 1.
Application materials should be directed to Prof. Joseph Underhill, firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 1, 2017. Finalists will be interviewed and a faculty committee will review all applications and select the finalists.