Application Deadline February 1, 2018
- Open to full-time sophomore or junior students.
- Strong academic record
- Must be able to attend the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Forum | Minneapolis, September 13-15 (some preprogramming possible).
- Available for participation from June 17-August 3, 2018
- Agree to use of blogs and pictures for further promotion of the program
- Regular blogging throughout time in Norway (at least once a week)
- Openness to new ideas and enthusiastic participation
- Upon returning to your campus, playing a leadership role in peace activities and promoting the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Forum.
- Presentations to at least two venues during the following year
- Committing to 5 hours of monthly planning in the Nobel Peace Prize Forum | Minneapolis office
- 1,000 Word Essay (maximum) addressed to the Peace Scholars Selection Committee, articulating your interest in being a Peace Scholar, including how the experience would connect with your academic and vocational interests and goals.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation, at least one from a faculty member
- Unofficial transcript
- Interview (finalists)
- Selected Peace Scholars must complete the Oslo International Summer School online application at uio.no/summerschool by March 1.
Application materials should be directed to the Augsburg Abroad Website by February 1, 2018. Finalists will be interviewed and a faculty committee will review all applications and select the finalists.